Sunday, May 7, 2017

Day of the Dead


"Day of the Dead"
36" x 36" oil on canvas




























Amber wanted an artwork to go in her master 
bedroom to match her comforter.
















I didn't want to match the comforter design exactly, so I chose 
something that would compliment her room. The floors of her 
home are a turquoise color with yellow, purple and green accent 
walls.

Yes, She is an artist!


























After toning the canvas with a transition of turquoise, 
I drew in the major shapes.


























I began blocking in the major color masses and started 
to rough in the major structure of her face.


























After tuning the major shapes and color masses, I had fun 
working the details of her face paint, moving her ponytail over, 
outlining the white borders of the background flowers and 
finishing the roses in her hair.


























The finishing touch was to take my palette knife and distress 
the background so that it wouldn't compete with the figure. 
I scraped and added texture to give the painting some depth.

Completely fun!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment