Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Water Park



"Water Park"
36" x 48" oil on panel

I love painting images of water during the summer 
months.It was fun to sling the paint around and create 
the look of splashing water!

Here are some of the images I considered before 
deciding on my final composition.




When considering these images I decided to eliminate the 
background information. Instead of going with the tube on a 
white waterslide I put my subjects in a swimming pool. 

The moving water and the splashes were more colorful 
and better portrayed the movement in the scene. I increased 
the contrast between the kids and the background 
by making the sky (actually a waterfall) lighter. 

This is the image I decided to paint:






1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Susan. Thanks for sharing your process in choosing and editing your photos.

    ReplyDelete